What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. They are a family of viruses that cause illnesses ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS).
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
- Signs of infection os fever, cough, cold
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
- In severe case- multiple organ failure
How deadly it is?
The coronavirus has overwhelmingly surpassed the toll of 2002-2003 outbreaks of SARS, which was also originated in China. It is more widespread than SARS in terms of case numbers, the mortality rate remains considerably lower at approximately 3.4 per cent, according to the WHO.
How to be safe?
- Wear your mask outdoors.
- Whenever you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Exercise regularly and strengthen your immune system.
- Avoid close contact with people who are suffering from cold or flu.
- Eat cooked meat and egg.
- Avoid contact with wild animals or farmed livestock without any protection.