Here’s What You Need To Know Before Taking Herbal Supplements
Here’s What You Need To Know Before Taking Herbal Supplements! All herbs, including supplements, labeled as “natural” can still cause after-effects similar to modern medication, say experts.
People are becoming increasingly health-conscious and making an effort to eat right and exercise to stay fit. But many also consume supplements, at times, without consulting an expert. All herbs, including supplements, labeled as “natural” can still cause after-effects similar to modern medication, say experts. It is advisable to talk to your doctor before taking these, especially if you have chronic health problems, are taking other medications, are pregnant or breastfeeding. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, legumes, dairy products in a balanced amount which can fulfill your daily requirements of vitamins and minerals.
Here some healthy foods and supplements
- Garlic has favorable cardiovascular effects and is also believed to have a significant effect on lowering blood pressure and reducing cholesterol.
- Echinacea helps prevent cold.
- Ginkgo helps improve memory.
- Flaxseeds are extremely healthy and help lower cholesterol.
- You can meet your daily calcium requirement by consuming yogurt, cheese, milk, salmon, green leafy vegetables.
- Spinach, broccoli, and legumes are rich in magnesium.
- Potassium can be found in milk, meats, fruits, and vegetables.
- Shellfish, nuts, seeds, whole-grain, prunes are rich in copper.
- Red meat, fruits, and green vegetables are a good source of iron.
- Zinc can be found in shellfish, legumes, and whole grains.
It’s not a good idea to take supplements without prescription by a qualified healthcare professional because supplements can do more harm than good if it’s not needed for the body. High blood pressure, diabetes, high stress, etc, have to be managed with a healthy lifestyle and medications as prescribed by a doctor. Diet plays a very important role in controlling these health conditions and a qualified dietitian would be able to guide the patient.
The best formula is eating right, exercising regularly, sleeping adequately, and getting enough sunlight and relaxation.
You may also like Why You Should Drink Lime Water With Black Salt?