David Beckham turns 44 who is an English Footballer aka DB7 football legend played for Real Madrid, AC Milan, LA Galaxy, and of course- Manchester United. The former English captain established wherever he went to play the game. The stylish man, best known for his bendy free kicks and pristine crosses, is a darling of not just the fans but his contemporaries too.
- Beckham had made 265 Premier League appearances for United and scored 61 goals.
- He also made 81 Champions league appearances, scoring 15 goals.
- Beckham won six Premier League titles, two FA Cups, one European Cup, one Intercontinental Cup and one FA Youth Cup in the space of 12 years.
David Beckham Academy: football school founded by England international David Beckham in 2005. In 2009 it operated in two locations: in London, United Kingdom, and in Los Angeles, California, United States.
His own charity, the Victoria and David Beckham Charitable Trust, provides wheelchairs to children in need, and his focus on helping children has led to his appointment as a UNICEF Ambassador. In this role for the international charity, Beckham’s focal point is UNICEF’s Unite Against AIDS Campaign.
Man United Legend Rio Ferdinand:
- ” David Beckham is up with the passers I’ve ever played with; over a long distance he was a ‘RADAR FOOT’. Some left footers look beautiful when they pass the ball and his right foot was like that. it even sounded nice when he hit the ball”
Man United Legend Peter Schmeichel:
- “You only have to go on MUTV and watch programs like ‘Ruud van Nistelrooy: all the goals’, ‘Andy Cole: all the goals’ and so on, and see how many goals they scored came from his crosses. A cross was him is as good as a goal.”
- “The person who has negative things to say is either jealous or hates him. Because there are no negative things to say about him.”
- “I would be very proud of, one day, I’m held in the same esteem as George Best or David Beckham.”
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer:
- “David Beckham would have to be the fittest player I’ve played with.”
- “What remains in your memory is his genuine commitment and dedication, his natural humility which he always had, that will stay forever.”
- “I don’t know how he manages to be so at ease outwardly on the pitch. He is almost a pop star. I couldn’t do that. It is incredible, especially given that he is as timid as me.”
- “I always like the way he plays. I always admired him and it’s very cool to play with important people. It’s always very motivating.”